We Handle Dog Bite Injury Claims Throughout Kansas And Missouri
Under Kansas and Missouri law, pet owners have strict liability for the actions of their animals. A dog does not get one free bite, as in some states. Dog bite and animal attack injuries are often difficult because, so often, the injured party is a neighbor, friend or relative of the pet owner. Finding a way to recover money damages without causing serious financial hardship or a break in the personal relationship can be difficult.
If you or a child in your family has suffered a serious injury from a dog bite or other type of pet animal attack in Kansas or Missouri, talk to one of our personal injury litigation attorneys at the Law Offices of Ankerholz and Smith, in Overland Park. We have more than a quarter century of experience negotiating with homeowners insurance companies. We are discreet and confidential and do everything possible to protect your rights and financial interests.
We Work With Cosmetic Surgeons To Help You Recover Full Money Damages
The real injury from a dog bite or animal attack is often more than skin deep. Scar injuries can result in a lifetime of emotional pain and diminished job opportunities. When preparing an animal attack injury case, we work with independent cosmetic surgeons to help us determine the full extent of injuries, costs for treatment and full financial damages.
You have a right to get your tissue and muscles back the way you looked before the bite or attack. We make sure you get the money you need for a full recovery.
What To Do After An Injury From A Dog Bite Or Dangerous Animal
Here are some simple things we recommend doing to preserve your rights following an injury from a dog bite or animal attack:
- Gather information about the pet owner, including name, address and contact phone or email address.
- Gather contact information from witnesses.
- Do not get involved in negotiations with the pet owner about a private settlement.
- See a doctor as soon as possible. Animals carry bacteria and viruses that can result in very serious long-term damage. Symptoms may not immediately appear.
- Do not talk to an insurance adjuster until you talk to an experienced attorney about your rights. Let your lawyer handle all negotiations with the insurance company.
Call Us To Discuss Your Pet Bite Claims
From offices in Overland Park, Kansas, our lawyers represent clients in personal injury cases in Johnson County, Wyandotte County, Miami County, Clay County, Jackson County, Cass County, and communities throughout Kansas and Missouri. Call us at 913-800-6071 or contact us by email to arrange a free consultation with one of our experienced Kansas City dog bite injury attorneys today.